Thursday, October 14, 2010

Holiday Wassail

This is one of my favorite Fall drinks. As soon as the weather turns cold I crave this! I make a full batch just so I can heat up a cup whenever I want. I got this recipe from my sis-in-law. I have never had any other that even came close, in my opinion.  Happy Fall!

Holiday Wassail

1 qt water
2 cups sugar
2 cups lemon juice
12 oz orange juice concentrate
10 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 whole piece of ginger (about 2 inches)
2 quarts apple juice

Add all the ingredients together, except the apple juice, in a large pot on your stove or your crock pot. You don't even need to peel the ginger, just drop it in, skin and all. Let this simmer for about 1 hour. Add the apple juice, then add as much water as you need to desired potency. (For me this is about 3-4 more cups of water, but I like it strong).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I have never commented on yours before, but I just am in love with wassail, but this recipe sounds better than what I have, so I am looking forward to trying this. I just have two questions. If using a crockpot, do you turn it on low or high? And is it still one hour? Okay, I guess I have three questions. Third, do you need to bring it to a boil first on the stove top and then turn it down to simmer? Thanks for great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you buy your cinnamon sticks?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...